Friday, May 3, 2013

This Week From the Mouth of Parsley



Parsley brought me her socks. She wanted me to put them on her claiming that she had put them on the wrong feet. When I put them on her she cried, “Whoa, Mommy! You’re getting smart!”

***

Monday morning Parsley was in bed with me as I fed Rosemary. After a while she said, “I’m hungry! I want some grapes!”
Since she knew the bowl of grapes was sitting on the counter, she hopped off the bed and headed out to the kitchen. When I headed into the living room several minutes later, the lights were off, but I could hear chewing and lip-smacking sounds. I turned on the lights to find Parsley standing by the coffee table with a Krispy Kreme doughnut on her finger...half eaten around the peripheral. She smiled and said, “I like doughnuts, Mommy!” 
To which I replied, “All God’s children like doughnuts.” 

***

As Daddy pushed her on the swing one evening, Parsley yelled over to me, “Mommy! Do we love Daddy?!”

***

Parsley went to the bathroom by herself this morning. As I sat in the next room, I realized I was hearing a decent amount of crumpling sounds going on in the bathroom. “Parsley, what are you doing?”
She yelled back, “I used 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 toilet papers!”

***

Tonight Parsley looked up at the t.v. at the Memphis vs. Clippers game and asked, “Are we watching the Bruins? Is that a Bruin on the floor?” Bob III would be proud.

***

One day while Daddy was at work:
Parsley: Daddy?
Me: Daddy....
Parsley: Should we text him?
Me: What should we text him?
Parsley: Should we tell “peace out” for him?

***

Walking out to the playground with Daddy...”Daddy, you are pretty....you are pretty cute!”




No comments:

Post a Comment