Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Happy Labor Day

On Labor Day weekend we made a quick trip down to Atlanta for a Braves vs. Phillies game.
We had so much fun with our friends Rob, Aaron and Riley. Why I didn't take a group shot, I'll never know. Well, I guess that it never crossed my mind since I didn't take my camera. Fortunately, Joshua took advantage of his iphone and got some shots of the day.


I love Turner Field. 

 Ahh. Beautiful.

 You may be able to tell that it was blazing hot. To top it all off, our air conditioner died on Saturday evening. 
Yay for a long weekend. 
We held off on using a repair man (who would have likely charged us twice as much as normal on a holiday weekend). Last time we had to have a repair, it cost $150 and it took the repairman 15 minutes to fix. This time Handy-Man-Joshua came to the rescue. Once the hvac stores opened again on Tuesday, he bought the part for $11.60 and fixed it himself. 
Now I'm going to go spend $138.40 on a cute fall outfit. 
Well. Maybe not.

But back to the game.

 For most of the game we were way down. (Sorry, I can't give you the exact scoring run-down inning by inning....call Joshua.) In the 8th we were down 7-3. Lots of people were leaving. I couldn't blame them. My confidence was low too. I did, however, say to Joshua, "Wouldn't it stink if you left and then we came back and won?"
In the 9th we got two outs before scoring two more runs. Then, our own Chipper Jones was up to bat with two runners on. Unfortunately, he had been having a rough game so far. On the second pitch, he cracked that ball hard for an amazing home run. We all went crazy. Parsley enjoyed that I was jumping up and down while holding her. Joshua looked like he had won the lottery. It was by far the best game I've been to....or likely that I ever will go to.


Thanks for a great final season, Chipper. Let's go all the way this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment