Monday, May 14, 2012

Swamp Rabbit Trail 5k

I participated in my first 5k on May 4th. Yes, my first. I should be ashamed.
It was a lot of fun to accomplish this small goal. Yes, I was slow, but cut me a little bit of slack since there were over 4,000 people participating and it was 85° even though it was 6:30pm.
And hills. There were hills. In fact the second mile felt like one giant hill.

Nonetheless it was a great experience.


No, I am nowhere near the starting line at this point.

Even though I texted Joshua as I crossed the starting line, there were so many people that he never saw me run by. Here are the masses. Needless to say, Parsley was very entertained.

Ahh! I made it!
It was so fun to see Joshua and Parsley waiting for me at the end. Joshua was super encouraging through the whole thing. 

This was a great family event with lots of kids and strollers (yes, I even saw a man pushing a triple stroller!). Since Joshua has all sorts of issues with his knees, he can't run on concrete. I have to admit, I was incredibly grateful that the stroller was with him and not with me.

One of us is a quite unimpressed with the sun in her eyes.

 Thanks, Greenville Hospital System. Well done on putting together another SRT 5k!

No comments:

Post a Comment