These tasty little fellows rolled in early this year. So we packed up our things and went for a little picking. Sandy Flat must grow the best in the world.
I stopped to go for a run before we reached Sandy Flat, so by the time we reached the rows and rows of strawberry goodness, Parsley had fallen asleep.
Pretty much perfect timing. She slept while I picked.
And then I couldn't stand the thought of her first strawberry-picking experience being such a non-experience.
So I did what every decent mother would do.
I woke her up.
She was a bit out of sorts as I threw her hair into pixie twists.
Until I introduced her to the berry sweetness.
Then she was just hard to stop.
After her first little berry (as I was trying to take her picture) she just kept saying "strawberry," "strawberry."
I finally said, "Ok, you may have one more."
I've never heard her say anything with more enthusiasm than as she said "Day-doo (thank you), Mommy! Oh, day-doo, Mommy!!"
Melted my heart.
She proceeded to take a strawberry out of the basket and take a bite out of it. She then began to put it back into the basket, but before letting go of it she decided she just couldn't resist and brought it back up for another bite.
Hilarious.
And I did let her eat more than one more.
Thanks for the help, my little Strawberry Fairy.



















Obviously she has Grandpa's tastes!! I wonder if she will also like raspberries??
ReplyDelete