Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Apple Picking

This year Parsley and I made a trip to Nivens Farm to go apple picking. I don't think I had ever apple picked before, but it sounded like a good idea. When we got there, I discovered that the apples I was hoping to pick (Gala) had already been harvested earlier in the year.

It all worked out really well. Parsley still thinks we went apple picking. I guess you could say that we did. We walked over to their refrigerated apple section and picked out two huge bags (I forget how many....maybe a peck each?) of the perfect little size of gala apples. They were delicious.

Parsley and I enjoyed spending time at a farm, looking at farm animals, admiring a corn-maze and gem mining area (without participating), and best of all, playing with a water pump.

Fun day. We like this kind of apple picking.

Getting acclimated to her new surroundings.


Farm animals!



Discussing the farm animals.





What's better than a good rock?



Ahh. The best part of our day.


Let's not leave out the toes.




What? How did this happen? My Clemson dress is drenched!






And a couple shots that I love.


Thanks for the fun time, Parsley!


No comments:

Post a Comment